mmmm… can you smell that fantastic aroma from the bbq? that means summer must be just around the corner. :) the perfect time for bbq burgers on the grill — or those awesome mini-burgers aka sliders.
i picked up some free-range ground bison at the local farmers’ market and decided to get my burger fix on with a little culinary experiment slider-style! sauerkraut bison sliders on open-faced sourdough with roasted fennel on the side. so good. check it out…
- the fennel will take approx 30-35min for prep/cooking time, so best to start the fennel before the slider prep. check out the previous yumyumyummers recipe for roasted fennel. easypeasy recipe and a fantastic side dish for these sliders.
combine the following ingredients in large prep bowl:
- 1.5 lbs free-range ground bison
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp old-style mustard
- 1 tsp blue poppyseeds
- 1 tsp montreal steak spice
- dash of sea salt
- season w/ ground black peppercorns
- drizzle 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil (evoo)
(tip: fold & combine ingredients until well-incorporated. best to use your hands to combine ingredients in prep bowl. remember that you’re handling uncooked meat here, so be sure to wash your hands before handling the fennel again.)