quinoa — golden. red. black. any difference in taste? not really, but the red quinoa definitely adds a vibrant burst of colour to this simple gluten-free salad. beauty.
check out this organic red quinoa that i recently picked up at one of my fave local markets in town – casel marché. i thought red quinoa would be perfect for this easypeasy salad featuring a hearty bean medley — awesome as a fab side or a main dish. it’s inspired by (and adapted from) a recipe from my fave cooking show on the telly – cbc’s best recipes ever (thanks, kary osmond!).
for another spin on this recipe, check out this previous yumyumyummers post.
the red quinoa:
- bring to a boil: 1 cup (250mL) organic red quinoa & 1.5 cups water in a small pot (no cover)
- then reduce to simmer, cover pot and cook until the water is absorbed into the grains (approx 10-12 min). it’s ready when the grain is translucent.
- allow to cool, then fluff with a fork
in a large bowl, whisk together the following ingredients:
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- season w/ ground rainbow peppercorns