it sure feels great to be back in the kitchen! :)
it’s been truly wonderful spending quality time visiting family and friends during the christmas holiday season – and, of course, indulging in many a holiday feast! over the past few weeks, i’ve noshed on some pretty incredible food and also learned how to cook some family favorite dishes. there’s nothing quite like mom’s homecooking! :) here’s a recipe for one of my all-time faves, from my family’s kitchen to yours. happy holidays!
pre-heat oven to 300F
- 12 egg yolks (separate egg whites and reserve for another recipe)
- 28-30 frozen pie tart shells
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
mix the batter:
- in a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until smooth
- add condensed milk and evaporated milk to egg mixture and beat well
- place empty tart shells on a baking sheet
- pour egg mixture evenly into tart shells (tip: do not overfill the batter in shells; make sure the rim of tart shell is not covered)
- bake egg tarts for approx 30min at 300F
(tip: baking time varies by oven. keep an eye on the tarts while they are baking. if the tart shells start to brown before the egg mixture bakes and sets, you’ll need to reduce the temperature of your oven.)
- serve egg tarts with a warm cup of tea. or cool it down with a scoop of your fave vanilla ice cream!
(tip: the egg tarts freeze well too, if you don’t think you’ll gobble them all up in one sitting. ;)