autumn is here! as much as i love summer, autumn is my favorite time of year. the pretty coloured leaves. the warm, fuzzy sweaters. the fall harvest. the fantastic autumn squash. and all those cozy autumn recipes.
here’s a simple recipe with organic zucchini squash and swiss chard from local organic producer hotchkiss. this warm salad makes a nice, light lunch or an easy weeknight dinner.
- heat up 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil in a large wok
- 1/2 organic green zucchini squash (sliced rounds)
- 1/2 yellow zucchini squash (sliced rounds)
- season w/ 1 tsp herbs (i used dean & deluca’s herbs for fish – a blend of fennel, sage, rosemary, cracked bay leaves, parsley, thyme & marjoram)
- sauté for 2-3min until squash is slightly tender
- heat up 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil in the same wok that you used for the squash
- wash & drain 1 bunch of organic swiss chard in colander w/ cold water
- remove stems from chard
- add chard to pan
- season w/ 1/2 tsp herb blend of fennel, sage, rosemary, cracked bay leaves, parsley, thyme & marjoram
- sauté for 2-3min until leaves are wilted and a darker shade of green
- 40g wild sockeye smoked salmon (thinly sliced)
(tip: you can easily find smoked salmon in the frozen seafood section at the grocery store… the smoked salmon just needs to thaw and it’s ready-to-eat!)