snack attack? push aside those greasy potato chips and make room for these bite-sized morsels of spicy goodness. give chickpeas a chance. :)
unlike most people, i’ve never really taken a liking to chickpeas before and i’m not so crazy about hummus. but then, a few weeks ago, i came across an awesome recipe for roasted chickpeas by fellow foodie blogger alexa marsden. my eyebrow raised and feeling inspired, i knew that i just had to try out this recipe for myself. here’s my take on spicy roasted chickpeas… hope you enjoy!
- preheat oven to 350F
- 2 cans (2 x 398mL) organic cooked chickpeas (water-drained & air-dried in colander)
combine the following ingredients in medium mixing bowl:
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil (evoo)
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp coriander seed
- 3/4 tsp cumin seed
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black peppercorns
- dash of sea salt
- add chickpeas to medium bowl & toss in seasoning
(tip: for extra-spicy seasoning, sprinkle another 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper on chickpeas.)
- place seasoned chickpeas on a single layer on baking sheet
- roast chickpeas on baking sheet for 35-40min at 350F
- at halfway point, remove chickpeas from oven and shake/stir chickpeas to flip. return to oven for remaining baking time.
- spicy roasted chickpeas are great as a healthy afternoon snack, evening tapa, or as a yummy protein boost for your salad.