pizza + seafood = two of my fave foods :) like most people, i’m too lazy to make my own pizza dough from scratch. i usually like to use whole-wheat greek pita as a pizza dough substitute, but this time i thought i’d switch it up with organic spinach naan. makes for an easy weeknight dinner w/ some fantastic flavours.
- brown 1 large shallot (rough chop) w/ extra-virgin olive oil (evoo) in wok on high heat
- add 1/2 tsp fennel seed to wok
- drain 2 cups seafood medley in colander w/ cold water to thaw
(tip: this seafood medley was frozen from the fresh fish vendor at the local farmers’ market. it included a mix of scallops, prawns, squid rings & baby clams.)
- add seafood medley to wok. season w/ lemon & herbs.
- add 1/4 cup organic baby red peppers (remove seeds, sliced)
- stirfry & toss peppers & seafood in wok for 4-5min or until seafood is cooked. set aside.
- 1/4 cup wensleydale cheddar cheese (cut into long, thin strands)
- 2 tbsp fresh organic cilantro (rough chop)
- preheat toaster oven to medium heat
- 2 rounds of organic spinach naan
- spread seafood & red pepper medley & cilantro toppings on naan
- add cheddar strands to melt over toppings
- season w/ ground black peppercorns
- toast each naan flatbread in toaster oven for 5min
(tip: toaster ovens vary, so be sure to keep an eye on the toasting and do not overcook. you may need to toast each naan flatbread separately, depending on the size of your toaster oven.)