mmmm… improvise, improvise, improvise. isn’t that what culinary experiments are all about? :)
as soon as i read the post on brunchner’s blog just the other day, i knew i had to try this for myself. here’s my take on brunchner’s take on cooking light‘s recipe for baked oatmeal. (the theme of the day is improvise, remember?)
perfect for brekkie on-the-go, pre-workout snack or just because you love oatmeal. :)
combine the following dry ingredients in large mixing bowl:
- 2 cups whole-grain rolled oats
- 1/8 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp organic flax seed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- once you have combined the dry ingredients, add 1.5 cups skim milk & 2 large eggs (beaten) to mixing bowl & combine well.
ready to bake:
- line a small baking dish w/ cooking parchment paper
- pour oatmeal batter evenly into baking dish
- best served warm
- these baked oatmeal bars are easily reheated in the microwave.
- garnish w/ fresh blueberries or your fave brekkie fruit!